SCHEDULE IS HERE!
Our new and improved scheduling will allow you to:
- View calendar which will show you what the day to day of staff members look like
- Create jobs, bookings and unavailability
- Drag and drop bookings in the event of a clash
- View unassigned bookings or unscheduled jobs
- View staff members last updated location to better prioritise your next move
- Plan ahead or view previous work by going back and forth on the calendar
The information below will provide details on how Schedule works, including:
- Schedule header
- Staff details
- Viewing bookings
- Viewing unavailability
- Adding, editing and deleting bookings
- Adding, editing and deleting unavailability
- Unassigned / unscheduled column
- The dragging and dropping of bookings and jobs
How to use Scheduling on your desktop:
1. Schedule header
The schedule header gives you easy access to functionality and information.
By clicking on the [Today] button you will have access to go to the current week that the current day falls in.
The <Dates> within the header will always inform you of what date/s you are currently look at.
The [Calendar icon] when clicked shows you a monthly calendar, making it easy for you to go to the date you want to go to. Clicking on a date in the calendar icon will send you to the week in the calendar that the day clicked on falls in.
From [SETTINGS] users are able to enable/disable and set their business hours as well as retrieve their iCal and Google link to sync Geo to an external calendar. If business hours are enabled this will set your business hours and display the Staff Capacity Indicator to measure remaining availability when you schedule bookings and enter unavailability.
2. Staff details
Staff is shown on the left hand side of the calendar. Information shown for each staff member includes -
- Staff photo, initials are shown if there is no photo
- Staff name
- Number of bookings they are assigned to for the period of time showing on the calendar
- Last known location, if available
Staff capacity indicator
As stated above, staff capacity indicator will only be shown if business hours have been enabled within Settings.
Staff capacity indicator will appear on each day that the business hours is turned on for, for each staff member.
The capacity (how much of it is filled) will be indicative of how much of the day that staff member has filled up with booking/s and unavailability.
If the capacity bar is grey, it means the staff member has nothing on for that day. When it is green, it means the staff member is either under capacity or exactly at capacity. Lastly, when it is red it means that the staff member is over capacity.
When a user clicks on the staff capacity bar they will get a tooltip with the current status of that staff members capacity.
Staff capacity indicator will take into account hours from both bookings and unavailability.
3. Viewing Bookings
On the calendar, Bookings that have been scheduled and assigned are shown. All Bookings are associated with a Job. On the Booking card the information shown includes -
- Booking name - always provided as if you don’t enter a booking name the job name is added by default
- Job address - if not provided, you will see ‘No Address’
- Priority and Status - always provided
When you click on the Booking card you will get a pop out with more details and available actions related to the booking and job. These include:
- The ability to edit or delete a booking
- View job reference
- View booking name
- View booking date and time
- View staff attached to the booking
- View booking description
- View job name
- View which client is attached to the job
- View job address
- View and update the job priority
- View and update the job status
- View job description
4. Viewing Unavailability
On the calendar, Unavailability that have been scheduled and assigned are shown. All Unavailability are associated to a Staff. On the Unavailability card the information shown includes - Leave type, Time and Leave colour.
When you click on the the Unavailability card you will get a pop out with more details and available actions related to the unavailability. These include:
- The ability to edit or delete an unavailability
- View leave type
- View unavailability start and end date and time
- View staff attached to the unavailability
- View leave notes
5. Adding, editing and deleting bookings
You can click anywhere on an empty spot in the calendar to add a booking. When this is done you will get a pop up where you will add in booking details. Details include:
Job - Existing or New, Booking Name, Date, Time, Staff, Booking Description.
To edit a booking, simply click on the booking to view the booking details pop out and then click the pencil (edit) icon.
To edit a booking, simply click on the booking to view the booking details pop out and then click the trash icon.
6. Adding, editing and deleting unavailability
You can click anywhere on an empty spot in the calendar to add an unavailability. When this is done users will get a pop up where they will selected the UNAVAILABILITY tab and add in unavailability details. Details include: Leave Type, Staff, Date, Time and Leave Note.
To edit an unavailability, simply click on the unavailability to view the unavailability details pop out and then click the pencil (edit) icon.
To edit an unavailability, simply click on the unavailability to view the unavailability details pop out and then click the trash icon.
7. Unscheduled / Unassigned column
The unscheduled column will show Bookings which are Unassigned to a staff member and Jobs which are Unscheduled which effectively means thdy do not have a Booking attached to it. These two lists will be separated. From this column you can also add a NEW JOB by clicking on the [NEW JOB] which is located at the top.
8. Dragging and dropping
You can drag and drop Bookings 1) within the calendar or 2) from the unscheduled / unassigned column to the calendar.
You can drag and drop Bookings within the calendar to change the day, time or assign it to another staff.
You can drag and drop Bookings from the unscheduled / unassigned column to the calendar. When Bookings are dragged from the unscheduled / unassigned column onto the calendar we will show the confirmation booking details pop up with the staff that it was dropped on prefilled along with all the other data that already existed. When a Job is dragged from the unscheduled / unassigned column to the calendar - it will create a Booking for the Job by showing the confirm booking details pop. We will pre-fill this pop up with the information we can. All data can be edited from this pop up.
Date and Time - If your booking / unavailability goes over your current week, it will have dotted line on either the right or left hand side to show this.
Staff Members - If you select more than one staff member, a booking will show for each staff on the calendar.